Friday 14 November 2008

The use of exhibition space to create meaning (100 Words)

Chapter 4
The exhibition space change the meaning of the work as audiences would classify a video where it been shown. For example audiences would link automatically any video shown public places to advertising. This means that audiences would have different meaning for each location. For example if I would take a video home with me, me as an audiences I would consider it as something to entertain myself with but if I would watch it at work I would think it has to do with my work and I wouldn’t consider it as important as an entertaining video. Also the meaning of the work will change as audience has different taste and point of view. Sometime we audiences would transfer our opinion to other making them not to use their own opinion.

No comments: